Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tropical Green Shake

Here is a recipe that I adapted from one that I saw online. This is a healthy, hearty drink that I use for breakfast a lot, and it is delicious!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese (or fat free Greek yogurt)
1/2 cup pineapple (I used chunks, then fill it in with juice)
1 tablespoon shredded coconut
1/2 of a frozen banana (see my post about freezing bananas)
1 handful of spinach
1/4 cup water

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. I use a high setting and let it go for a while, until all the green flecks from the spinach disappear, leaving you with a smooth green drink. For a fat free drink omit the coconut, though that will take a bit of the fiber and protein away too.

Makes 1 serving, enough for a tall glass

Nutrition Facts:

235 calories
3g fiber
12g protein
2.5g fat

Weight Watchers: 4 points

No comments:

Post a Comment